Up to now, I kept a log in an old-fashioned notebook. For completeness, I'm entering that info here. What follows are notes from the logbook:
January 4, 2010 -
- Ordered PVC sheets from freckleface.com.
- May use sheets in 3-D sculpture project. Here's a link to my patent application for the sculpting process.
- Added felt footer to the base of the mill
- Need serial mouse to get the old computer running. Oops - the computer only has windows 98. Need machine with XP.
- Checked stepper motors to identify which wires to use. Middle of each set of 3 is the common, so isolated those, as they won't be needed.
- Ordered from Winford Engineering: DIN Rail, Black and Gray mounting clips, DB25 breakout board.
- The breakout board will allow me to signal the controller from basic stamps
- The other stuff will help me keep everything organized - mounted to wall or inside a cabinet.
- Purchased PC and wireless USB from MicroCenter. This machine will be dedicated to the mill.
- Downloaded limited version of Mach 3 software.
- Mach 3 driver test - success at 25 khz!
- Configured Mach 3 Mill - The Mill is actually working now! Need to make a movie.
- Installed Open Office and Google Chrome
- Installed R and Tinn-R